Monday, November 22, 2010

Post-Mortem

OK we did it!
Saturday night, -25 degrees outside, and an art gallery with 800 people in it. I was relieved that the event organizers had things under as much control as they did, but it still bordered on chaos. It seemed to involve a power struggle between AGA security and the event organizers/liaison people. We often got caught in the middle. We seemed to defy the fire code- especially on the stairwell descent, and they weren't interested in turning off the security cameras for Eryn's nude part and overall had no sense of humour at all (which made them even funnier!)

Ernest's buddy who came to do video doc was a performance in himself with his bright red jacket and his overall obtrusiveness. If I knew he would be such a paparazzi I would have choreographed him in a bit better, because as it was he distracted some of the tenderest moments by being right where the audience should be looking. I sure did not foresee that one!

The tech kids were a great help- it turned out that we had a LOT of crap to load in and out. The dress alone would have been an ordeal...

And Ernest took back the dress and his legs! I am a bit sad at seeing them all leave...

One of my funnest moments was when we managed to pull Jesse, Amber and Catherine form the extended entrance line up and costume them up to dance with us!! They added to the critical mass falling down the stairs.

I am not sure what to do with this piece from this point- I think I will just let it sink in a bit. And collect feedback!
Feel free to deposit some -------------

No comments:

Post a Comment